Monday, January 1, 2007

New Year's Day

Another year. Again, it's been a while since I've posted here - or anywhere, for that matter. I had a fleeting fling with another blog, mightywren.vox.com, which I thought I would use to capapult my music career. I might still have a music career, but I just don't think I have ever been able to channel my enthusiasm for music into my web design endeavors.

And so, with that, I wish all readers a happy and prosperious new year. As they say, "prospero ano i felicidad." Hopefully I didn't just butcher the Spanish language. I would have put the little tilde over the 'n', but I guess I'm a bit lazy this morning. After all, it was a bit of a late night last night.

Thoughts on the new year...
I hope that I find more time to pray, read, and journal. My journaling has fallen off over the past eight months considerably, though I do seem to keep trying. My entries have just become much less frequent.
I also would like to start a small Bible study in my apartment. I feel like we've thrown this idea around for several months now, and it seems to just lay there without any decisions being made. So I want to put legs to this idea and watch a small group grow in my home, next door to our church.
Again, it's been a very important year. I got married this year, and with that I learned many lessons which I'm sure will follow me for many years to come. I think the biggest lesson that I've kept learning is what things are really important and worth giving a life for, and what things are merely temporal, not worth the time and effort I sometimes grant. The real underlying truth is that this world is not my home, and if I want to live as if it is, then I'm not living in reality. In the scope of eternity, the day will come relatively soon when this world will pass away, with all of its jobs, trains, planes, houses, and cars, and then I'll be looking back, hopefully on all the times I was able to point someone else toward God while I was still on this earth.
Another thing that has impacted me recently is the idea that raising godly children is one of the best ways to help influence this world for good. My influences may extend past my knowledge, but the influences of my children, and their children, will extend much farther than I could ever imagine.
And so, a new year begins. Thank God for all the lessons learned.

No comments: